Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Last Minute Sewing! UGH

 Today started out pretty good. Patrick and I took a walk. Then came home and started working on the Rugelach Cookie Salad that I got off Food network. I had to make the pudding and let it sit a few hours. Patrick helped me with getting the orange peel ready for me. Plus he did the cookies. 

Then I decided to enjoy my afternoon with cross stitching. 

I was enjoying myself so much with this! Just before supper I had to get back to the salad. 

Patrick helped me out with this. He cut the apples and got the marshmallows. I did the whipping cream. We put it all together and put it in the refrigerator for about an hour. Then had it for supper.  

Then I called mom. 

She told me they were going to be leaving tomorrow around 12:30 pm for our 1 pm presentation. I told her, "No, you need to leave by noon." I was hoping they would be there an hour early to help with getting ready. We have 2 presentations to do and I need prep time for everyone to help. Then I called Nancy and told her she needed to be there an hour early to get the quilts ready to give out to the Veterans. As we were talking, I asked how many pillow cases we had, and she said "none." OUCH. I called Debbie and texted Faye. They didn't have any. Debbie had the ones that go with her quilts. She always makes a pillow case for her quilts. I can't seem to remember to do that, so Sandy used to do them for me. I haven't made a quilt in awhile, so I didn't need them. Sandy didn't have any made either. 

As I was sitting in front of the TV, AFTER supper - 5 pm - it hit me I needed to get those made. So, I went downstairs to see if I had enough fabric to do them. Remember, now, I took the boxes over to moms so she could pick out her fabrics for a quilt. So, that left me with VERY LITTLE fabric to mess with. Never fails! So, I found some fabric in the panel box, and there was enough to make 4 pillow cases. Then I decided to use some of the background fabrics for some pillow cases. I cut 2 out of 2 background fabrics for a total of 4. That gave me 8. Debbie has 2 with the 2 quilts we will be giving out tomorrow, so we should be good. 

The prep work on pillow cases takes the longest time. I had sewed these up and asked Patrick to pull them inside out for me. Then I ironed them and had to trim before sewing them twice. 

Four hours later, 8 pillow cases are done. Now we are ready! Talk about LAST MINUTE! I wasn't wanting to do this at the very last minute, but I needed to have them for tomorrow. Sandy said she didn't get to the pillow cases she had cut. So, I had to do it. Everyone else was busy or couldn't get to them. UGH

Sophie was finding bugs to keep her busy! 

Today did turn out to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...