Monday, September 6, 2021

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

 Labor Day is one of those days were family get together and enjoy the holiday. I remember times when we would take trips driving around to find a park where we would sit and have a picnic. My dad loved to travel and always wanted to drive somewhere. When the kids where younger, we would go to a park and have a picnic. Or we would get together with friends and have a good BBQ. 

This year, not so much. Patrick and I had the day to ourselves. So, we worked on cooking. Patrick got the meat for BBQ sandwiches going and I worked on a Babka bread. It's in the refrigerator for tomorrow. We will work on it tomorrow. I also baked a homemade brownie. It was darker chocolate than what I like. Patrick did like it, but told me to find a different recipe lol. We even went shopping for groceries today! 

When all that was done, I decided to get some beading going. 


The leaves are starting to show. I do like this. I hope it gets a little brighter sooner. I was able to get 6 rows done. 

Then I wanted to work on my cross stitching. 


As I was finishing the paw, I thought about how I am going to work in 10 squares. So, I moved over to the right side to work from there. 


The gold threads were to be worked in. I decided to keep the gold thread all together and not split them up. I will probably split it in half when I have to add it to another color. I'm happy with it so far. 


But I'm at least getting this going. I really do want to work on this. I have too many things I want to work on!

All in all, even with the holiday, I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...