Friday, September 3, 2021

Group Meeting

This morning was our group meeting day. I took the block that I was trying to get done. 


 I was able to get 3 of 5 petals done. I added the 4th pedal. I will finish that one up and then start working on the next layer. I do like the back basting when doing that. When I have that many layers, I do better with back basting. If one can see it, one would notice my applique work is a lot better than turning the edges down before appliqueing. I tend to do better when I turn the work myself instead of turning it before I applique it down. It's going to be interesting to see how well the colors go together since I changed them. 

I took mom 2 tubes of QOV fabrics. She wanted to do another star quilt that she learned last month. Hopefully she will get another top done. We have 14 quilts that need to be done. I have 3 quilts at the church to be quilted. It will be interesting to see how they come out. I just hope I didn't mess them up as bad as I did that last quilt. Nancy was putting the binding on it today. She had to cut it way back to get it to work. 

Came home and it was dinner out tonight. This is our "date night." We went to Sweet Inspirations in town. I had a veggie wrap that was really good. I brought half of it home. 

Not in the mood for crafting this evening. So, I called it a day and have been playing games instead. At least I had a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...