Friday, December 10, 2021

Another Friday

Here we go again, round and round the week. Today was quilting at moms. I took my quilt and worked on the binding. Mom took part of the quilt and worked on one side while I worked on another. We got the quilt done! 


 It has the yellow binding on it. I didn't get a photo, but will later. I washed it twice and there was a lot of bleeding. I thought that would be enough, till I folded it, and found red bleeding on the back. I think it's that dyed fabric that I used on the ends. I was really surprised it bled because Nancy Chong's sister sold it to me. She was really good about making sure the color didn't bleed. Oh, well. I do know if I keep washing it, it will eventually come out. That happened on my Inner City quilt I did several years ago. I hope it will come out as easily as it did on the Inner City quilt. 

Then it was time to finish the star. 

I finished this. I'm not happy with the center. I don't know what I did wrong, but it's not laying right. I really need to do more research on how people finish their stars. I will check on my Facebook page. 

Patrick and I went out on our "date" today. We like to have "date night" on Friday night. I was thrilled to go back to Dick's Deli & Sausage. It's good food. 

We have been talking about our trip in May on a cruise. I am getting excited about going. Not sure what I will take with me to work on, but it won't be something that takes a lot of work. I may take some applique or beading. Hard to say. 

I'm just happy it was a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...