Saturday, December 18, 2021

Waiting To Finish Flooring

 This morning we were busy with vacuuming the floors. I swept the kitchen and dinning room floors as well. We then vacuumed all the way down the hall. I got our room vacuumed. We dusted the window sill and the heater. At least they were halfway clean. 

We then hooked the TV up. Then we put the railing back in place. At least that didn't take long. Once all that was done we headed out the house. First stop was JR Furniture. We picked up a night stand that was on sale. Patrick even got another $20 off it. We looked at the desks and I found one I liked but it was the only one they had and was scratched up. They said it would be March before they could get another one like that in. So, we took off again. We went to Home Depot and got some containers to organize our stuff. Mostly mine - Genealogy - and a few other things for the office. We looked for  a desk at "Just Woods Furniture" and found a desk that we liked. But didn't want to get just yet. Patrick liked it a bit more than I did. I'm not finding what I want. Then we headed to Staples and they didn't have what we wanted. Plus that stuff looked cheap - even when the price wasn't. By that time Patrick was tired of being out, and we headed back home. 

Got home and a package with 2 quilt tops were there. Laurie Allen made these for us. I had sent her the blocks that we had, and she worked them into quilts. Said she may have 14 quilt tops by the time she's done. lol 

This one needs another border. So, I will add one. It's a little small and needs to add some to the size. It was nice to see this when we got home. 

Sophie was enjoying the new carpet. 

Once we got home, we relaxed. After awhile I figured out I better get back to my beading. That ornament needs to be done! Plus I need to do another one! 

I finished the bottom Santa Claus. I found a mistake between them, but don't think it's one that matters. 

I finished one and started another. This is the last of the set. 

This is where I am now. It won't take long to finish it. Hopefully by Wednesday I can have this finished. 

Patrick has plans for tomorrow as well. So, it's going to be another busy day. Plus we have bowling. This week is going to be a bear! I do miss not having a Christmas tree, but at this rate, I would have it up and then have to take it down. Not fun. But I can be thankful I have been able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!





No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...