Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Day 1 Of New Flooring

 This morning Patrick and I were up early so that we would be ready for the carpet people to arrive. Instead we got a phone call double checking that they had us signed up for 3 days. He then said he would call back. After about a half hour, he called back to say they were loading the van. This was at about 9:30 am. He arrived around 11 am. That was okay. Patrick talked to him to figure out what needed to be done first. They decided on the bedroom first. 


I love the way it looks. It's all done. Then he headed into the dinning room and took the carpet out. Then he figured it would be less time if he added the plywood to equal to the floor in the kitchen. He had to go and get the plywood. He came back about the time I headed out to get us something to eat. 


He was able to get this far. I love the work. He's really good. He's coming back tomorrow. Poor guy left around 6:30 pm. It was getting dark and hard to see. I do like the way the floor looks. I'm really happy with this!

While he was doing all that, I was downstairs with Patrick and Sophie. We watched TV and I worked on my stash. I pulled a few things out to get rid of. I have 2 items on eBay right now. I found a few things I won't be working on. I also had that hard part of "I like this, will I do it? Maybe.....," "I hate to get rid of this one, I really like it and MAY do it...," and that famous one - "I don't know!" and then I keep those. UGH

I did find some embroidery pieces, so I will do those. I will add them to my "next" list. THEN I found a bookmark kit that's cross stitch, and decided I'm going to do that next! Not like I need more to do, but I think it will be quick and easy. 

After going though that stash - I sat down to bead!


I finished the #3 Santa. I am now closer to getting an ornament done on time!!


I am now working on the second #3 Santa. I'm really liking the way this came out. There is one mistake in the left one, and I will fix that when I get there. I'm just pleased I got this much done today. 

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to moms and work on her fudge for Christmas. I hope she has everything we need. I will find out when I get there. 

It was just nice to be able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...