Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Out And About Before The Next Snow Falls

 This morning there was a little more snow, but the roads were starting to clear. Patrick and I needed to go out and get a few things done. So, we headed out in Patrick's truck. We figured we should have gone in the Buick! lol We hit 10 places today! It was to the Bank, post office, Credit Union, Pharmacy, Connie's (got 4 quilts back), gas, Mom's, Home Depot, Walmart (ugh), and Safeway! Of all days! It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get around. Partly because of the weather. The roads were starting to clear up when he headed home. More snow is expected tonight and tomorrow. Then rain. We really don't need rain! 

While at Connie's I picked up 4 quilts that she had finished. I gave her my 2 brother's quilts. I also gave her batting and backing for her quilt. It was great! I have 3 more quilts to take to her, but don't want to overwhelm her with quilts. 

Debbie stopped by to pick them up. She's going to do the binding on it, and I'm going to stitch them down - with a little bit of help from the group. lol 

Patrick got back to fixing up the spare bedroom. It's looking awesome!


The bedspread actually matched the walls. So, we decided to keep them on the bed. 


He even set it up with the quilts that we have for the ladder. The middle one is the one he got from QOV. The double wedding ring is my very first quilt. And the Hawaiian quilt is the one on this blog. 


We finished up the cabinet in the "office." It's looking good. We picked up more boxes at Home Depot, but they didn't have anymore of the size I wanted. We ended up using another kind instead. Those will have genealogy and photos in them.

I didn't get much work done on my cross stitch. Sophie wanted me to pay more attention to her than my hand work. 


Maybe 10 to 15 stitches were done. That doesn't make my day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...