Sunday, January 16, 2022

Best Laid Plans -

 Okay, we are talking about ME. So when I say "best laid plans" we all know what that means. I've done that so many times in this blog it's getting to the point it's not funny anymore. 

So, MY PLAN was to finish the border on that quilt, get a couple pillow cases done. Yep, best laid plans! It turned out that I didn't get any of that done! 

First I cut the borders, then I went through the fabrics to find some material that will work for pillows. I was able to cut some fabric for pillow cases. I still need a few more. Then as I was working on this, I found out my co-leader Faye can't do the presentation on Thursday. Her husband has covid. So, I needed to get ahold of Debbie to see if she could do our job. Then I had another call. Before I realized what time it was - and realized I had to go bowling tonight - I needed to get moving!


I left my mess on the counter and got busy cutting the backing and batting for the quilts I have that need to go to Connie tomorrow. I had to go and wash one backing. I need to iron it tomorrow and have it ready to go. 

I also need to get Debbie's 2 quilts back to her so she can make the pillow cases. I hurried up and put one label on one of her quilts. I need to do the other by tomorrow so that she can pick those up with the quilts I'm getting from Connie. 

I ended up canceling our BE meeting because of all the stuff I need to do. Then I realized I will have to cancel next week as well because I have a doctors appointment. GRR

It was then time to go bowling! And bowl I did!! I bowled a 159, 236, 197. I was thrilled!! It felt good to get back to bowling "normally." I did go up 2 pins on my average. I'm hoping this is a start! I just need to come off the left side like I did when I was growing up. It's been a long time since I've bowled that close to the gutter. 

Today, as much as I tried - I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...