Monday, January 17, 2022

From One Thing To Another

 This morning I was up early. I had to iron the backing fabric to go to Connie. Then I had to put 2 labels on the quilts. I also wanted to get my game done, but didn't get there. 

Before I headed out, the guy from Carpet Warehouse showed up to work on the kitchen. He finished the edging on the cabinets. Looks great. The carpet guys didn't come to fix the steps yet, so I'm hoping they will be here tomorrow. 

I piled the van up and headed to Connie's. I dropped off the backing, batting (for her 2 quilts), bolts of fabric, and 4 quilts to be quilted. She was a kick! I love going there. She showed me all her fabric in the one room. I gave her a lot of scraps that she can work with. She had 2 quilts done, and was working on another. 

Then I headed over to Nancy's to pick her up and go to moms. We talked about the quilt that had an area where it wasn't sewn down. So, it won't be given out on Thursday. My next trip was to the bowling alley and then home.

I really, really wanted a "bearcat" sandwich from the Deli today but they were closed. I will have to wait and get one another time. 

When I got home, Debbie came to pick up the 3 quilts I picked up. She's binding them for me. I will get them back and do the hand work on them then. I also gave her the 2 quilts that I had the label on. She's going to make the pillow cases for those. 

I got my new tablet in today, so I was working on getting it set up.

Then I got back to putting the labels on the last 2 quilts I have here that need to go to the museum. We are doing good with keeping up on the quilts. I have a few more things I need to keep track of. I asked Nancy and Debbie to get a count on the quilts we have. We did figure out that we have 142 quilts that we have given out. So, we are doing pretty good! 

With all the stuff I had to do today, I'm glad to be able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...