Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Trying To Decide

 This morning Patrick wanted to make a trip to Olympia. So, first thing we were in the car and on our way. We stopped for gas and then moms. I dropped a few things off at moms and picked up some quilt blocks from her. 

Came home and Patrick headed to golfing. I decided to see what I could do. First I took the black off the Japanese doll quilt top, because it was too thin. Mom had that same fabric and it came apart. The last thing I want is for my quilts to come apart. 

Mom has another black that I will use instead. It's not a solid black, so I think it will work better too. I need a thicker black so it doesn't come apart. I will take it to Kathleen. She told me today that she is retired. I told her I had one more quilt. She said only 1 more is okay. So, I'm going to take this and then I will need to find someone else to machine quilt the quilts I have down there. Sorry to hear she's retired. I will miss her quilts!


I then wanted to play with another quilt. I changed the panel and checked to see if the stars worked with the panel. I like the way it turned out. So, I'm playing with the idea of what to do next. I'm thinking the red border and then putting the stars 2 side by side on each border. I only have 8 stars, so that will work great, I hope. I'm still thinking and will decide tomorrow. The red has stars in it, and I think it goes with the star blocks. 

After that, I decided to listen to a book and play games. I got tired, so took a nap. Then I was going to cross stitch but never did get to that stage. I'm still a little tired. Connie called to say the quilts are done, so Monday I will go and exchange quilts with her. I want to try and get a couple more to take to her. She's okay with having a pile. So, I will be dropping quilts off as they come in. I need to cut some backing for her as well. She's going to get a lot from me on Monday. lol 

It wasn't quiet a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...