Saturday, January 15, 2022

Finally Worked On A QOV Quilt!

 This morning I was going to be lazy and work on laundry....yeah, nope. 

I went downstairs and turned the fireplace on. Then I went back down to work on the quilt that was on the wall. Patrick gave me suggestions which at first I didn't like, but did anyway. It turned out better than I thought it would. 


My idea was the red border in the inside. His idea was the blue between the blocks. I wanted to do white, but now I realize why he said no. Don't tell him, but I think it turned out awesome! I added the last red border to be able to stitch the binding on. It wasn't really for the piece but it does help. I will cut the backing tomorrow and get it ready to take to Connie.  At this rate I may have another 4 quilts going to her. I'm getting 3 back on Monday. I need to cut more backing and batting for 2 other quilts. Backing is for this quilt and


This one, once I get the white border added. It was too small for our group, so I decided to add the borders. The red was to make it longer and the white will be the same all around. I need to cut the backing and wash it tomorrow. So, I will be busy getting fabric cut. Connie has 2 quilts that she has ready for us, but needs the backing and batting. So, I will be cutting that as well. 

Tomorrow will be busy downstairs getting things ready to drop off at Connie's. Today turned out better than I thought it would. I really wasn't in the mood to sew but once I got started, it worked out great. 

When I started to add the border on this quilt (up above), I found the edges were not cut right. So, I had to work on squaring it up. I will probably have to double check that again tomorrow before adding the white on it. I don't like adding borders. 

As for now, I don't know what I will do. I'm playing on the tablet right now. I may just keep playing. Not really ready to bead or cross stitch, but that's what I'm saying right now. Tomorrow will tell. 

It felt good to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...