Thursday, January 20, 2022

One Busy Day

This morning we were relaxing before having to head out to Olympia. By noon we were on our way. Had to stop at the bank first, then off to Olympia. I had my breathing tests today. We thought it would only be about an hour, but then it ended up being a little longer. I had to wait a good 20 mins past my appointment to be seen. Patrick waited out in the car. 

Once all that was done, we headed to Costco. Once that was done, we dropped some food off at Phil's and came home. I was unloaded the stuff when Patrick had to head out for his meeting. (Good thing we ate at Costco). He was gone and I chatted with mom and Debbie about how the presentation went today without me. 

Once that was done, I went downstairs to finish the 2 pillow cases I cut this morning. I needed them for my 2 brothers quilts. Then I decided to iron the black Japanese Doll quilt that I wanted quilted. I also ironed the backing. I will take those to moms tomorrow for her to drop at Kathleen's. Then I decided to trim the border of the quilt she finished for me. 

I was shocked at how bad I did on the border! She did a good job hiding some of the puckers but I really messed up. So, I cut some of the border off. I may cut more off, I don't know yet. I did cut about 1" off because of the puckers. I will send her a thank you card and say I'm sorry for the mess on the border. 

It went from one thing to another - a really busy day! So, I can now say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...