Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Finished The Bookmark!

Today I was expecting Patrick to go golfing but it was called off. They decided the rain was in the way. So, instead, Patrick and I got back to straightening things up again. I changed the boxes that has my table clothes so I could use the box (air tight) for photos. We ended up with 3 full boxes of photos. Also had 4 boxes (downstairs!) of  genealogy. We throw out a few things and cleaned up other things. My china cabinet that I got from my grandmother was cleaned up and I moved the dolls into another container. I cleaned out the drawer that had a lot of stuff including my dairies from the 1980's. I haven't done dairies for about 20 years now. I had dairies from the age of 10 on to these. When dad told me he found them and read them, I told him to burn them. He did. I was okay with that. I really don't want to remember the things I did when I was a teenager. Grandmother was the one that got me onto dairies. Funny thought, because this is sort of a diary for me. lol 


 I found this in the spare bedroom! I completely forgot I had this!! I can't even remember where I got it. Everything is there. 

The bobbin is different! I love this. 

I even have 4 more of these! So cool! I'm excited to see this. I decided to keep this one. I may even try it out one day. It's in a cabinet but the top part of the cabinet where the machine comes out is gone. That is the ONLY they missing. I have the owner manual and the certificate when it was sold - 1944! So cool!

After all that work downstairs, I came up and wanted to finish up the bookmark for Nancy. I'm so frustrated with the ends! I gave up and put fraycheck on it. I should have done that in the beginning, but didn't think of it till Patrick mentioned it. ugh. 

I put it on - on wax paper so it wouldn't stick to anything else. I finally have it done and hope she's okay with it. I realized I put the beads on wrong! I wanted them in the middle and it's over to the right too much. Drives me crazy and I may take it out tomorrow and reposition it. Who knows. I feel bad about this and not sure if I should give it as a gift. 

Today was busy and hard working, but we did put the furniture we decided to get rid of on Facebook. Within 3 mins we had someone wanting them. Patrick decided to put them all up for free. I'm okay with that. So, tomorrow they will pick them up and it will be out of the garage. That will be nice. As we were saying it's stuff the kids don't want and we don't need. It makes it easier to get rid of it now then have the kids messing with it. I agree. 

At least I was able to get some time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! (Sort of!)

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...