Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Another Day...Another Quilt Done

 This morning I was up before Patrick. Then I sat and played games after I posted yesterday's blog. I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I keep forgetting to sit down and write. Patrick reminded me today. 

I waited for Ron so we could go walking. The rain stopped long enough that we could get some walking in. I don't know if it's going to rain tomorrow but time will tell. We didn't walk yesterday due to it being a very wet rainy day. 

After the walk, Patrick got home. I kissed him and went over to the museum where there was a quilt top for us. I brought it home and found it's a big quilt. 93" x 69" so we will end up keeping it for a large veteran. I cut the backing and batting for the 2 quilts. I need to finish the one on the floor and will work on that maybe tomorrow. Or this weekend. 

After all that was done, I tried to find quilters who work quilt them. Not much luck since Connie is still out of commission with her leg and Debbie is still working on her family's quilts. So, I contacted the church and they will take 2 of them on Monday. I will give Kristi the large one I got today. She said she's too busy to do one but will take one on Thursday. I will see what we have on Thursday and go from there. I believe JoAnn may have a couple tops for me as well. It's going to be hard finishing quilts if I don't have quilters. 


This is the top I received. I do like the pattern. I called the gal and told her what sizes we do. She's working on a couple more quilts she wants to do. That will be a major help for us. 


This is one of Connie's quilts and I put the label on it. I sat down and put 4 or 5 labels on quilts. I have 6 quilts going to the museum on Thursday and I have the photos to share. 


This quilt I did is finally back to me. I put the label on it and it's going Thursday. This is the one that Hildi had for a couple months. 

Another of Connie's quilts. It is really pretty. I do like how well she works with scraps. I'm not that good with scraps. 


This is Val Gordon's and Connie's quilt. They worked together to get this put together. It turned out pretty good.  Another quilt I labeled was the one I shared yesterday. That one is done and I just need to do the pillowcase for it. 

Once all this was done, I pulled out my beads and started on another set of ornaments. I have 2 sets to make and need to get them done ASAP. 

Tomorrow is another day. I need to do the certificates and the pillowcase before I do anything else. I want to finish the quilt downstairs but that may take a while. I have it cut out and ready to sew but reality is that I need to get a few things done first. 

I have a sourdough bread raising over night for tomorrow. I decided I wanted to add some seeds again. I need to get more seeds to put in the dough but the three I picked will do. Sometimes when I start cooking, that keeps me away from being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...