Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Time Was Spent In Olympia Today

 This morning we were up early and on the way to Olympia. Since our doctors are up there, that were we go. Of course, today was my "physical" and we all know what that means. At least us women do! I was told if all goes well, I won't have to have the "Paps" done again. Like a graduation! I liked that idea. Fingers crossed I will graduate!

We then went to get meds for my Grand doggie! After that we had one more stop. I was told to come back in 30 mins, so Patrick took me to Teriyaki for my "supper." I order and have to wait. He sat out in the car. Then we headed back. It was done and then I had to stop at Phil's to give him the dog meds. I was getting hungry by then. 

Arriving at home, I got going on my "lunch/supper" because it smelled so good! It wasn't hot but it was good! I was thrilled to get Japanese food after all this time. Patrick doesn't care for food that isn't steak and potatoes. 

After that I went downstairs to work on that pile of scraps. I had a fill bag I throw away. Way too many 1" strips that where not folded and didn't smell the best. There was some white fabric in yardage, so I washed those. They did have some yellowish stains and I figured I better wash it out. Don't want to make a quilt with stains on it. I think we even have some of that same fabric. There were from what I did today, a few blocks already done. I'm giving Connie all the scraps that I think are worth it, plus the blocks. She can use them for something or give them to the church. The church where they quilt for us, only want 2 yards or more. Haven't found any of that yet. I did get about 4 bags done. I am taking my time working on that stash. I am throwing away the really small stuff. I hate doing it, but since they were scraps, they need to go. 

I came back up and baked cookies. The good ones! White Chocolate with Macadamia nuts! Yum! But the batch was a small batch. Not even 2 dozen! So, I'm going to double it next time. They were really good!!


Then it was time to work on my next set of ornaments. I was able to finish this one and start the next one. These are the first pair. I figured between what I did and where I ended up, I pretty much did one whole panel. Not bad for just sitting and watching TV with Patrick. 

I have another trip to Olympia on Friday. As we all know - women that is - how much we hate getting our boobs pinched - it's that time for me to be checked. Oh, what fun! Till then I'm going to try and keep busy being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...