Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Back On Track With QOV

Today was one of those rainy days. 


 Val came over to drop off a quilt and get her check. We chatted a good 30 mins. Ron called while she was here. We decided not to go walking till the weather was better. Yeah, no, didn't get better. 

So, I went downstairs to work on my labels. I have to have a few more labels to finish up the 8 quilts in the bedroom. 


I was able to sew 25 labels and turn 9 of them into labels. I was texting Hildi at the same time. I was having a good long chat with her. She's happy to be in Vermont. But I still miss her! Guess she had called and chatted with mom the other day. That's good. Mom loves to chat. Not sure how that went with moms hearing though. I was downstairs working on the labels for about an hour or so. I figure we texted a good hour. lol 

Of course, Sophie had to try and help me. OR remind me that I need to finish this quilt. I will do that soon. I'm getting to the point where I need to finish it. Then when I was working on the labels, I ran out of bobbins. That meant I had to wind bobbins. I ended up doing 7 of them. One of them I accidentally took the bobbin thread that was in the machine and rewound it. Which means I actually did 8 bobbins. I couldn't believe I grabbed the wrong thread!

Then I came upstairs and got to work on the QOV stuff. I needed to update the NAMS program with all our information. I went through Carol's stuff and got that entered into NAMS. Once all that was done, I started to work on the presentation dates in NAMS. Trouble was, I put the wrong date on a couple of them. Instead of Oct, I said Nov. When I realized that, the internet went down. It wasn't working. UGH So for the hour it was off, I worked on the label of one of the quilts. 

Sara Bower did this quilt. I really like it. Now the label is on it and it's ready to go to the museum. We will have to pick which quilts go to Saturday's presentation and what we will have for Nov 11th. 

Today I was back on track. I had things to do and I did them. I need to go to PT tomorrow and get some stamps at the post office. Then I can come back home and try to be working on the quilts that need labels. That would make me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...