Friday, October 13, 2023

Another Trip To Olympia

 This morning I headed over to Connie's to drop off some of the scraps that we got. I showed her I had more to go through. She gave me a few blocks that she had done and I'm going to work them into a quilt. They are log cabins. She's doing better but can't stand on her feet too long. So, trying to quilt right now isn't going to be easy. She's going to do a little at a time. 

After stopping at her place, I headed to moms. I worked on my butterfly while everyone was working on their quilt projects. 

It's like paint by numbers. I am embroidering the black areas. I was getting a lot done today. I finished the left side and started working on the right. My right side doesn't look as good as the left. Wondered about that. They went to get lunch around noon. I didn't want to stay for lunch, so I came home. I ended up waiting a good hour or more before we had to go back to Olympia. 

I had my mammogram today. Thank goodness it's the 3D machine so I only go pinched 4 times compared to before. The gal asked about getting shots in the last 3 days and I told her I got the flu shot but it's a little red around the area. She looked at it and said it looks like I have a reaction to the flu shot. It does hurt but we'll see. I didn't have the Band-Aid on very long, so I don't think it was that. After getting pinched I headed to get my blood drawn. I had 3 tubes. It will be interesting to see what my doctor says. I forgot to ask her if she wanted me to go back on my Crestor pills. All that took about 30 mins. 

We headed back home but stopped at the Sausage and Deli (Dick's Brewery) to eat. It was good. They were getting crowded as we left. It took us 25 mins to get from Dick's Brewery to the on ramp for I-5 in Centralia. That normally takes us 5-8 mins on a normal day! We also stopped at Safeway to pick up a few things. 

Once all that was done, I was done. I played games. At least this morning I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...