Sunday, October 1, 2023

Working On Another Top

 Today after cleaning up and walking, I headed downstairs. I was listening to my book on audiobooks. It seems to help me when I sew. I don't think of what a pain it is to work on sewing. lol 


I started here. I'm still ticked I didn't work my math right for the strips. Oh, well. I had some of them cut and ready to work on. 


I messed up on one of the "print" borders and had to sew a seam in the middle. I wasn't to happy about that. This is where I finished. I still need about 10" around this to be close to done. 


I call Patrick down to help me with the next border. I don't like things to look as if I purposely did it. So, I went looking for more stars. I found 4 of the same blue stars. My next step is to do a cream on white for the last border with a blue strip in the middle. Let's hope I did my math right this time!! It takes time to figure out what to do. That's where Patrick comes in handy. We work things out and then I fix it to what I want. Like I told Patrick, I didn't want just a 6" border around it. I want it to look like I planned it. I hope Smiley will be happy with it for his friend. I need to get it to a quilter ASAP so that we can have it done by the 28th. I will try and get time downstairs to finish this tomorrow. It will have to be after my embroidery meeting. Sandy (1) won't be there tomorrow, and I'm stuck with Cindy. Should be interesting. 

I'm trying to get back in the mood to work on my stuff for QOV. I need to get more tops made but then I need more quilters to quilt them right now too. I texted Debbie to see if she was back home and she is. I only got a "yes." So, figured she didn't want to chat. I'm okay with that. 

In the meantime, I'm really trying to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...