Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Monday - Embroidery Day

 Slacking off my blog. UGH

Yesterday morning I was up late. I only had 45 mins to get ready and leave. I had woken and told myself I could sleep about 30 mins, instead I slept another hour and 15 mins. guess I needed it. Oh, well. 

I headed out the door with our floss buckets and some veggies for Cindy and Alice. I arrived just on time. Cindy and I were there. Then another gal came and brought some of her "Creative Craft" projects she didn't work on or finish. She was going through her stuff because she's not able to work on crafts anymore. I guess she was a representative of the company, which no longer exists. She had a lot of embroidery kits. She also had a cross stitch kit that had a tray to it. I wanted that. Cindy wanted to pay for it all. She told me she's wrapping up the kit for Christmas for me. That was sweet of her. Now I just need to think of something for her. 

While those two talked, I worked on my butterfly. I want to get this piece done. We were looking at a piece that Cindy had gotten from Seminar a year ago. It was a hummingbird pattern. I looked it up and found it. It's call "English Rose and Hummingbird" pattern. I really liked it. They have it on Amazon and Etsy. Both prices are the same. So, I ordered it through Amazon for both of us. She wanted the pattern and kit. It's $40 but it has the floss and everything one needs for it. I'm not sure who the designer is, but I will find out when it gets here in about a month. 

Headed over to moms to help her get 2 more spots on the quilt. She needed help holding the quilt up. Not sure why she didn't ask Nancy, but I went out and helped her. Then I came home. 

I played a few games and then I worked on my butterfly piece. 


I was able to get the second flower done and started the next. Then took a break. Thought I would do my blog - yeah right! and then call it done. Nope. 


I need to fill the third one in more. I'm still working on it. May fix the tip as well. It's getting there. Wanted to finish this part before I get the butterflies done. then I can put it all together. I will have to wash this part and then put the butterflies on. 

Which means most of my day was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...