Monday, October 16, 2023

Hello Monday

 This morning I slept till 8:35 am and woke up saying, "Oh, Shit!" because I needed to leave by 9:15 am. Patrick got up but went back to bed because it was raining. I didn't know he decided not to go golfing, so I went back to sleep. I ended up doing a quick job of exercises and then out the door. 

I stopped at McD's to get coffee and ice tea. Once that was done, I headed to the grange. Gerilyn brought her wool quilt she is working on and said she wanted to do the BE on it. She didn't want to do the flowers she was learning with. We told her that was fine. Each of us have things we want to do, and things we don't. So, we talked about how she could use BE in her wool quilt. She had a basket that was being worked on. She wanted to add some BE flowers to it as she went along. I told her of some ideas I had. She's game. Once she gets the basket done (took out the handle because she didn't like it), she said she was going to do a braided handle. That is what Sandy was talking about that would work. I think we still have her coming. She's not going to make it next week though. 

I was able to get some of the butterfly done. I didn't work really hard at trying to get it finished. We finished up early and I headed home. I had to stop and drop off my Sunday Nite Mixed bank statement with the new secretary. There was an accident on my way home, so it took a little longer than I would have expected. 

I went through the scraps bags downstairs. I was tired of seeing all this! It's scraps that needed to be thrown out. I finally decided to just throughout the material that was given to us. I got what I needed out of some of the bags. The fabric had as smell to it and somewhere soiled. I found big pet hairs in there along with dirt. So, it wasn't worth my time to see what we could get out of it. I had a small bag going to good will. 

I kept this for Connie. When I texted her, she told me that it came from a smoker's house. That made sense because my allergies were acting up while I was working on the piles. I am thankful for getting the fabrics - can't look a gift horse in the mouth - so to speak. But I wish we would have gotten bigger pieces. I think someone picked out what they wanted and put all the scraps in bags for us to go through. They should have been thrown out when they did that. 

After making up my mind to get rid of it all, I decided to come upstairs and play games. 

I decided instead to work on my cross stitching. I was able to add more to the blue in the middle. I wish the crosses would cross over the fabric better, but it's hard to do sometimes. I think the DMC floss is a lot thinner than it used to be. I may have to change my floss to something else. I will try to get more done on this piece, as it's over a year old now. I need to finish this so I can start another. lol Isn't that what it's all about to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...