Thursday, October 5, 2023

Winding Down The Year For QOV

 Today I was out the door early. I needed to get stamps and then get drinks. I called the museum and asked Kylee and Chip what they wanted to drink. Then I got the three of us a drink. I also got the car washed. 

I arrived an hour earlier than usual at the museum. We were to be downstairs and they were getting stuff ready for us. I asked if we could be outside this time. So, they were kind enough to get us set up outside. We had a beautiful day and we thought that would be fun to do. Better than being crammed in the museum area. It really worked out great. 

They are John Ibarra (Army) second from the right, Roger McLean (Army) second from the left, Larry Lundeen (Army) tall guy in the middle, Thomas Meade (Air Force) far right, Frank Corbin (Navy) third from the left, and Maria King (Army) first on the left. A wonderful group of people! We had an awesome time!

It worked out great to be in the area that we were. Names of other veterans in on the wall beside them. 

Came home and took a walk with Ron. He did 5 loops and I did 4 loops today. He had done one earlier in the day. 

Then I got supper ready. Once that was done, I played games and watched TV with Patrick. We will be going up to Olympia tomorrow. I just hope I behave and get something to eat - at least at lunch time. I don't know what I will do about supper because he's tests are at 3 pm and 6 pm. I can't eat after 6:30 pm and my body doesn't like it when I don't eat or drink much in a day. When I came in the house from walking my body started to shake and let me know it wasn't happy with me. I hadn't had much all day. So, I drank some cranberry juice and had a couple pretzels to get the shaking to go away. I sat for about 15 mins to make sure I could cook supper. If I'm not careful I will have to go on diabetic meds. Not going there!

We have one more presentation to do before we take a break. That doesn't include our presentation on Veterans Day when we do 5 veterans. Chip asked us to do the speaker as well. That put us up to 5. The break will get us to January. Then we are going back to once a month. This year has been way too busy for us all. And yet, I find myself Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...