Monday, October 9, 2023

Talk About Changing Plans!

 This morning I woke early to get stuff ready to go to my BE meeting. As I'm getting the QOV stuff ready for Allie, I received a text. Cindy said she wasn't coming today. I then contacted Sandy V to see if she was coming and she said she texted Sandy E last night. Sandy E is in Canada. I contacted Gerlyn to let her know it would be the 2 of us, and I was cancelling. 

It wasn't 5 mins after I cancelled that I got a call from one of the new gals who quilts. We chatted about what was expected on both parts. She said she would take the 2 quilts that I have ready to quilt. She would be here around 2 pm. I had to send Alli a message to let her know I wouldn't be out today since our meeting was cancelled. I decided to give her the 2 quilts that I was going to take to the church. I have another top that needs the batting and backing. So, I need to get the done today. When, I wasn't sure. 

Patrick came home and was surprised I was home. I was in the middle of making changes for today. I will be going out tomorrow. At least it's that way for now. 

Debbie called and needed some help. She came over to figure out how to sew a corner with the full piece. We worked it out and she was able to do it. Poor Debbie. She was upset and told me about a WSP (Washington State Parole Officer) was on his last legs of life. He's 42 years old and served in Iraq 2 terms. That is what put his health in the condition he's in. Tumors that can't be stopped. He still works for WSP, but they haven't put a guard at his hospital door. Chances are he will pass in the next day or two. 

Once Debbie left, I kept going with laundry - yep! I remembered I started that today. I even have it all folded and put away! 

After supper I headed downstairs to get the batting and backing done. I have the backing in the wash now. I'm hoping I don't have to wash it one more time. Patrick is watching the football game. So, I'm going to get my headphones and play games. I've been nonstop all day. From one thing to another. I sent off the $15 for my Goldfinch class that Loretta will be starting the first week in November. I also sent off the money to the ARES group in Centralia from our QOV group for a memorial. Now I have a couple bills to pay for Gunderson Water and then MAYBE I can sit down. 

This is where I finished last night. Shame I couldn't find time today to add more to it. UGH!!

MAYBE tomorrow will bring me better luck for being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

  

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...