Sunday, October 22, 2023

Genealogy

Today I worked on my genealogy for Bryan. He called yesterday and then sent me a few texts on what he needed information on. I gave him some information, but I didn't have what he has. 

 I worked on the MATHESON family. That is my grandmother's maiden name. It's amazing how much information I have on this family and yet not enough. He has been working on the different branches of the family and filling them in for me. His Uncle Dallas passed away a few months ago. It was a shame since mom was hoping to get in contact with him. They ae all around her age. I think she is the second to the oldest in grandmother's family as for as cousins go. I was hoping he was still around. Wonder what made her think of him. She asked where he lived, and I told her he was in Texas. The funny part of all this is that most of the family all got divorces. Only one brother of grandmothers stayed married to his wife. The rest seemed to have married up to 5 times so far. Makes me think of Irvin Wineland! lol 

I'm finding that the Wineland tree has been moving into the Matheson tree. It's really fun to work on. I love to hear the stories of these people. Amazing what they go through or had to go through to get where we are today. 

Mom called to say she has one more block to do on her quilt. Asked me what I was doing and told her I had been working on the family history. I was going to ask her about someone but forgot who it was. 

So, today wasn't a day for being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...