Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Quilt of Valor Presentation Day

Today was presentation day for Quilts of Valor at the museum. We had 4 recipients with one being a WWII Veteran.


This is Tom Smiley, Bill Logan, Dale Gocken, and R. Scott McCrosky. They were all awesome! Dale Gocken was the WWII Veteran.


He was an honor to give a quilt to!


He got a little emotional. He loves his quilt!


Tom Smiley is Jim Smiley's brother. It was such an honor to see Jim honor his brother with this quilt.

I love being able to honor our Veterans! We won't be doing a presentation again till May. I'm hoping more quilt tops will be coming in. We have a lot of Veterans to honor!

Came home around 2:30 pm and then enjoyed sitting to work on my beading. Got another row done.


I'm now at 344/446 rows. I'm so close to being the last 100 rows. It's funny how the last 4 rows seems to have taken forever to get done. I'm getting there. The thread is getting bad, so will change the thread out.

Then it was time to go bowling. We won  only one game. It wasn't a good night! Even Patrick was having trouble. I bowled a 135 - awful, 172 and 169 - so I lost that pin I won on my average last week. UGH. It wasn't the best night but it wasn't the worst.

At least I had a chance to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...