Friday, March 13, 2020

It's Friday And I'm Still Staying Home Thanks To The Virus

Not by choice, but I haven't had a reason for leaving. It's depressing when I hear on TV that Washington State is shutting down. Right now all K-12 schools are closed for the next 6 weeks. Small businesses are hurting because people aren't shopping. That's a crowd and they don't want to be in a crowded room. I have an appointment a week from Monday with the doctor that I believe will be changed. I'll have to reschedule - so I think. I'll find out next week. I would rather get it over with, but if we need to shut down, then we need to shut down.

So, while I stayed home today, I slept in. So did Patrick. Woke to snow. That did surprise me! The yard looks awesome with snow. But like everything else, it didn't last long

I worked on my beading. For some reason, I wasn't really in the mood to bead. Maybe it's because of all the news today. Patrick had the news on and it had the President as well as our "snake" the Governor. Way too Depressing!!


I was able to get a couple rows done. I am now at 360/446. So, I'm getting there. At this rate, the last 100 rows will take longer than I would like. It's not going so easy at this rate.

I gave up on working on my beading. I decided to sit and work on my cross stitching.


I would love to say I got a TON of stuff done, but that wasn't the case on this either. I kept trying to figure out where I wanted to go. So, I started on the outlining to see if it would help. I was also working on the flowers. I jusst couldn't get on track. Every time I tried to work on my stuff, I found myself making bread, and then baking a cake. I make a Chocolate Cake. I had Patrick frost it, because I just wanted to make it, not put it together - go figure!

So, as much as I would love to say I worked my butt off with my cross stitch and beading, that wasn't the case.

I looked up to see if my new kit was mailed. I also wanted to see if the organizer was mailed. I couldn't figure out why the shipping would take so long when I bought them. Figured out the organizer was coming from China and the cross stitch kit was from Russia. That did surprise me, but for the price I paid, it's worth the wait.

Again, as much as I would love to say I did a lot of crafts, I think the depression was worse. All this chatter about the Virus, is depressing and I just need to stay away from the TV for a day or two. Then maybe I can get back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...