Thursday, March 19, 2020

Staying Home And Stitching


Today we slept in again. Might as well, there isn't any place to go - nor do we need to.

When I got moving, I sat and worked on my beading. Patrick went outside to work in the yard. He was climbing the tree later this afternoon when we went walking around the neighborhood.


Like he said, if the virus doesn't kill him, then the tree might! Not what I wanted to hear, but still true.

While he was working in the yard, I was beading and enjoying it. I talked to mom and Sharon to see how they were doing. Even Sue K called to see if I was going up to see Sharon anytime soon. She has 2 tops for me. I told her to hold on to them for awhile. We're not going anywhere and I wanted to give Bill a break.


My bird is coming along nicely. I'm now at 384/446. I was able to get 5 rows done today, but not without some frustration at times. You know how that goes, you pick up a bead (fling) and it's gone. You figure out what bead just went sailing and try to pick that one up as well (fling), it's gone. Then when I was going along (while talking on the phone), I moved the marker for the next row....to later find out I skipped a row. Took the row out I put in, backtracked and put them back in......made it!.....oops, nope, thread needs to be tied off and start another one. Okay, got this, NOPE! I was trying to go through a bead to get back on track.......BROKE....so I needed to backtrack and start all over with a new thread, as well as put half the row back together that I just put in because of the broken bead. Finally gave up! Called it a day.

I then went to my cross stitching.


Worked on the sides. I'm getting it up there. I started a flower way at the top. Now I can get to work on the flowers and the birdhouse. I outlined the sides while I had the time.

Earlier in the day I did a YouTube "FlossTube" video. I used my camera. It's only about 5 mins long, but my son and daughter in law suggested I do a video on my kits. So, I will try that in a day or two. If Patrick goes outside for awhile, I'll do the video. At least the quality turned out pretty good.


Daffodils are blooming nicely. They are looking really pretty.


Amazing how many different types we have out in the yard.

I enjoyed our walk. It felt good to get out in the fresh air. Things are going pretty good. Still staying home and still stitching. Guess that makes me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...