Monday, March 9, 2020

Good News Today

This morning we went to Olympia Orthopedics for my back. I've been having trouble with my back, and it was time for me to go back and see if I needed surgery. The doctor was awesome! I love going to him because he's chatty and is very honest with what is going on. The good news is that my back hasn't changed since 2016, with the exception of the distance between my 2 bones. It's not enough to worry about at this time. So, he told me I need to "up" my exercises for the back. I now need to do "planks" while I do my other exercises. We laughed about that. But it's something I need to do, and will do. I was telling Patrick on the way home, that I've been doing good considering I hate exercises. I've been doing my back exercises for over 5 years now. I try hard to remember to do them around 7 pm.

We then went to Sharon and Bill's. To my surprise Bill had all 3 quilts done. He showed us his work. I love what he does. We also picked up the 2 bolts of fabric that I ordered for the quilt tops. I'll be giving some to Georgie to do blocks for us. I'll figure it out tomorrow and take it over to Georgie on Wednesday. Then we can get moving on more blocks.

Came home after stopping at Safeway for milk. I then worked on my beading. I'm happy to say, I'm now at 90 rows to go.


This is now 356/446 rows done. It's looking good with the head of the next bird. I do like seeing that coming together. I'm hoping I don't run out of beads at this rate! lol

After supper, I got to work on my cross stitching. Actually it was after exercising - made it to 30 seconds on 2 planks.....better than I expected. I remember a time when I couldn't even do 10 seconds. We were laughing at the doctors about how we thought 30 seconds ended up being 20 seconds. It's amazing how long time actually takes. If you watch time...it seems to take forever! lol So, I was thrilled I could do 30 seconds. I'll work on getting it better again.


I'm happy to say, I rolled the piece. I am getting started on the top half. This is going good. I put a few stitches in and then I ended up taking them out. It's a little difficult going from one sheet of pattern to the next trying to figure out where the stitches line up. I think I've got it now. Thank goodness for the "framing" on the sides. That's a good guide letting me know where I need to go. Both sides are even, but I notice in the photo they look off. Must be the angle. Guess my photos haven't been the best! lol

I got the "Pattern Maker" app on my tablet. I was trying to see what everyone was talking about. So, I put my pattern in PDF to add to the app. When I did, it wouldn't work. I saw where we have to do the PDF and put it in the app. When I did, it said it didn't have that pattern and wouldn't work. So, right now, I'm not sure how it works. If anyone has that app, please contact me and tell me how it works. It would be awesome to figure out how it works. That's what would be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...