Thursday, March 12, 2020

Cancelled Quilting Tomorrow

This morning started out pretty good. Mom called around 10 am to let me know she was cancelling quilting tomorrow.

So, I went downstairs and thought I would work on some QOV stuff. I needed to clean up, but I wanted to check out what I had. Before I knew it, I was working on the variation 9 patch. I realized they are all 3" finished squares. I was able to make a few blocks with the fabric I already had cut. Next time I'll cut the fabrics I have in "pieces" and get them ready to add to the blocks I just finished.

 
It's coming along. It will take time. But I think it will look pretty good when it's done. I did cut batting and backing for the quilt top that Ethel finished. I may need to make more kits for everyone.

I worked on the panel first before doing the above.


Have things to think about to get this done. Not sure what I want to do for the next border.

Came upstairs and got a row and a half done on the beading.


I was trying to do my Youtube video but I couldn't get the video to work right. It didn't follow my month and when I re-reviewed it to find I was talking but the month wasn't going with it. I then gave up and went to working on my cross stitching. Really didn't get very far either. I have some more of the flowers done, but for some reason, wasn't in the mood to do either of them. UGH

I'm wondering if the cancellations are upsetting me. I keep going along, thinking everything is okay, but now that Lewis County has the Virus, I'm concerned. Too many of my friends and family are in the "danger" zone. I try to stay away from people, but I want to continue my life as if nothing is happening. Got an email about the play we are going to, saying they will open on Friday, but will be keeping up with the Health Department on whether or not we will be going to the play next week. It's going to be interesting to see what the next month brings. So, in the meantime, I will try and do my crafts. 

That's what we call Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...