Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Looks Like The Virus Is Coming This Way

I was over at moms today. Sophie came along as well. We had a good visit and we talked about different things. It was the first time in years that we actually talked about things that didn't have to do with my family or anything that made me feel like crap. We then went and cleaned out 2 of her quilting drawers. We figured out the quilts that she's so close to finishing. Then we put all those in one drawer. The other drawer has some of the stuff she was working on but wasn't close to finishing. We did clean out one of her boxes too. Found where some of her projects were. There are a few things she needs to finish. Kinda like me! It was fun seeing what she was working on. I found a few things that she had that I was working on. lol When Patrick came over to work on her taxes, he worked on her cat quilt. We laid it out on the floor and Patrick told her what colors would work for the borders. It was really fun watching him picking colors. He knows what looks good, I will give him that!

While I was there in the beginning we sat and worked on our projects. Mom worked on her quilt and I worked on my cross stitching.


I worked on the yellow flowers today. They are getting done.


It's coming along great! I do like the way it's coming along.

We ended up talking about the Coronavirus. We heard today that Thurston County now has it. We are Lewis County and the problem with Lewis County is that if it hits, it's going to spread like wildfire! Lewis County is really bad when it comes to colds and flu's. They go around like wildfire. I'm going to have to keep mom safe, but not sure I can. She's doing pretty good, but she still goes to quilt meeting and church. King county has closed down a lot of stuff. I feel sorry for the small businesses around WA state. They are the ones hurting the most. I also heard one of the businesses in Seattle is closing because they can't stay open. Seattle is going to be hit really hard. Closing the city down for 2 weeks to a month is putting a lot of businesses out of business.

So, while we were bowling, we say that the NBA cancelled and had a few confirmed cases. I was trying not to slap hands but half the league was slapping hands. The worst part is the bowling alley seems to spread colds every time. One of the problems is that our bowling partner likes to slap elbows, feet, and whatever. So, I'm having a hard time not slapping anything, but then she does a body slap....doesn't make that easy. At least we won 3 games and I bowled halfway good. 173, 169, and 179. I didn't gain a pin or loss a pin on my average, so I'm happy. Patrick and I are wondering if the bowling alley will shut down for awhile. It's going to be interesting what the next few weeks will bring. I'm hoping we can still have our presentation in May. Time will tell. If things get worse, I'll be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...