Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A Quieter Day Today

 This morning I wasn't in the mood to do anything. So, I played. 

Once I got moving, I decided to do laundry and vacuuming. It actually got me in the mood and I was ready to bead. 

I was able to get another 6 rows in. I'm now at 139/580 done. I'm really enjoying this. I did have one row where I didn't put enough black beads on and had to take it out. 

I listened to the book "We Were the Lucky Ones" by Georgia Hunter. It's a 15 hours audio book, but it's so interesting. What this family went through in WWII is heart breaking. It's also amazing they would go years under the Germans or Russian rules. At times they had to hide and other times they had to try to escape. It's heart breaking when they talk of how some of them were murdered. It was also interesting to find one of the family members is almost murdered off the train. They had to dig their own graves. She was with her daughter and the daughter at the age of 3, sees the excursion. Her and her daughter was so close to being murdered but she bribed a guard to save her life. The daughter was told to go to the other woman who was saved and say she was her daughter. She would do anything to save her daughters life. This poor child saw murder from the age of 2 on. It's amazing how the Germans had no feelings for murdering anyone, man, woman or child. Yet, I see history repeating itself in the past and in the future. We don't seem to learn from the past. Such a shame. I'm only 66% done on this. I'll probably listen it to on the way to moms and back tomorrow. It makes me wonder who out of that family is going to make it. 

After supper I got working on some genealogy. I'm working on the Wineland families. I was able to add a few more. This is fun to work on. I just need to spend more time doing it. Trouble is I want to keep working on my beading and that makes me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...