Saturday, August 8, 2020

Back To Working On QOV Quilt Tops

 This morning I decided I needed to go downstairs and work on some QOV stuff. I had to iron the background fabric to get ready to take to Faye. Debbie needed to stop by and pick up some batting and backing as well. 

First I wanted to change my blog theme. So, I worked on it for awhile. Not crazy about it, so I'm going to change it again. We'll see which one I stay with. 

So, first things first. Got the batting and backing cut for Debbie and texted her it was ready. I also needed to wait on my phone appointment with my doctor. She was about 10 mins late, but that was okay by me. We chatted and I will be going to see her in Sept. My thyroid is were we want it. So, things are looking good. I still need to work on making an appointment to see my new pulmonary doctor. She thinks it's a good idea. 

After all that, I got to work on my quilt top. I want to have it done and take it with the other 3 tops to get quilted. We are getting low on backing and batting, so I'm hoping things will work out with the request on Facebook. 

 Of course, we all know not everything works good for me. I cut the panel and found I cut it too short with the sides. Then I had to figure out what to do to make up for the loss. I added a small border to the panel, then was happy it worked out. I ended up cutting more off on the bottom, but that was okay. I sewed the border on and then realized I didn't cut enough on the length. So, I fixed that. Then was able to keep going. It was a little short when I finished and realized it needed a small border around the outside. The border fabric is also a background fabric, but decided the background needed to be blue since the rest of the quilt is red. It's coming along. Patrick liked it after I was done. I need him to figure out a couple more panels for me. Right now I'm happy with the way it's going. He doesn't need to keep going after doing one. I have plenty of blocks to work with. Mom's star's are in all 4 of the quilts. 

Came upstairs and cooked dinner. Now I'm just going to enjoy the evening. I'm not planning on working on anything - that may change later. I'm just happy to have worked on something for QOV today. It's an awesome way to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...