Friday, August 14, 2020

Quilting At Moms

 This morning I was out the door and on my way to moms. She called just before I got there to tell me to park in her garage. When I got there, the garage didn't have room for me. She has too much stuff on the left side of her garage for me to even get in there. The neighbor was having his RV in the road and wanted to let us all know he would be in the roadway. So, we needed to be aware of that. 

I worked on the squirrel on the Forest Galorest quilt. 

 

I put the body down, and then had to sew done the branch. I wanted to put the tail on, so I could finish with the leg, but I need to add the branch at the bottom of the tail. So, that will probably be next time. I was thrilled at how much I did get done. I was really surprised. 

Then I went to the museum while the rest were having lunch. I didn't feel like staying. I dropped off 2 quilts and picked up some panels that someone brought for us. They also dropped off a Quilts of Valor book for us. I'm thrilled. 

Came home after that. Listened to my audiobook on the way back. I took the long way home. Then I decided I wanted to get some beading done. 

I was able to get 4 rows done. It felt good to get more rows done. The hat is coming along great. I'm starting to add the tail of the 3rd bird on the left. It's fun working on this. I got off when I started the next row, took it out, and then almost put the row I finished back in again. I had to count my rows. That was fun! 

Everything is coming along. I did pull out the book for Ethel to look for quilt blocks for her friendship quilt. I guess I can say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...