Monday, August 3, 2020

To Olympia And Back

I had an appointment in Olympia for a CT scan. We left early because I needed to get some blood tests as well. We ended up being an hour early for the CT scan. The good news is that they took me in within 15 mins. Then we headed to Costco. 

We didn't have much we needed at Costco. So, we picked up the few things that were on the list. I also wanted nuts, which we picked up. 

We headed home and by the time I was able to sit and bead, it was 2 pm. I did get the kit I ordered the other day in. 


I liked the pattern, so decided I wanted to make it. I liked that it was a kit, so I had everything I needed. 

First I wanted to get some rows in on my Snowman. 


I was able to get 3 rows done. I really do like the way this is coming. I love the colors. The second bird is starting. I'm very thankful for those cups with beads! I have picked up the mat more times then I want to admit. I have spilled one or two colors, but it was so much easier to pick up then it was without them. 

Once dinner was over, I decided to play with the bracelet kit. 


I'm not crazy about the color, but I do like it. 


I had the pearl from the trip to Alaska and decided to put that on. I could have put something like the bracelet, but in order to make it, it would have been more complicated. I wanted something that wouldn't take an hour to make. Plus I would need to look it up to figure out how to do it. Patrick did the chain and the clamp. He's good at putting those together. I thought it was fun when Patrick helped me with it. He did shorten the chain because my wrist isn't that big. I do have a small wrist!

So, I can say, even though we made a trip to Olympia, I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...