Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Bread Baking Day...Yum!

 This morning mom arrived at 9 am. We had breakfast together and then headed down to Longview/Kelso for moms appointment. We were about 20 minutes early. 

She was recorded regarding her refund that took a good 9 months to get last year. It's a radio ad for Jamie Herrara Butler, our Representative. Mom did pretty good. He didn't have to ask her too much. Mom chatted. She had to change for "she" or "Rebecca." Rebecca helped her and was the one that kept in contact. Jamie called her when they finally had the refund check in Jan. a year ago. Jamie's up for re-election and mom wanted to help if she could. They were actually interviewing 10 people over 2 days. Mom was the 3rd one today. 

After that, we went to the quilt shop in Longview and I bought 2 fabrics for my Japanese Dolls quilt. Mom and I will work on it next week. I need to figure out the border, so I'll have Patrick look it over before next Wednesday to see what he things will work. I bought fabric that looked a little oriental and would work. 



Then it was off to eat lunch. We couldn't go in the restaurant. We had to go through the drive-thru. There were 6 cars in front of us and 6 cars behind us. So, it took awhile to get our food. Then we went to the mall area and parked to eat. We chatted and had a good time. 

It home time to head back home. Arriving at about 2 pm. It was a quick trip and it worked out pretty good. 

I played a few games. After awhile I decided to sit and work on my cross stitching. 


I worked on the pincushion. I was getting quiet a bit done. I have been having fun, but the purple is getting a little old. lol - I love purple but when it's a big pincushion, it's not as much fun to work on. I may have to work on something else before finishing this part. 

In between working on the cross stitching, I worked on my sourdough bread. I split it in half before we left this morning and had it ready to cook later today. I wasn't hungry tonight because I was still full from having the hamburger at lunch time. So, I fixed Patrick supper and baked my bread. 


After the bread was done, I had some! I had to have some warm bread!! It was awesome. Patrick text Scott to let him know the bread was coming out "in 30 mins." So, Teri stopped by to pick it up. I thought the bread was wonderful. Tasted sour too. I would have eaten all of it, if I was hunger! But I behaved...lol. 

All in all, it was a busy day, but I did get a lot done. I'm now ready to finish the quilt top that is downstairs. It was nice to still be able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...