Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Visit From Mom

This morning mom was coming over. I had to get a little move on it this morning. It went good. 

Mom arrived with Daisy and we went downstairs. We were going to work on the Japanese dolls quilt but we didn't have enough fabric for the triangles. So, we decided to clean up my mess. Sue K showed up and dropped off the quilt tops. She then took some white and off-white fabric for some quilts. I told her I expected at least 4 quilts out of what I sent with her. 

After she left, mom and I got started on my cleaning up. I went through my fat quarters and started bagging the fabric I wanted to give to Alicia for making masks. She gave out 2 masks to everyone at our Friday group. I wanted to give her more fabric as she's making them and giving them out. I don't have a problem with that. Then I opened my "scrap drawer" and started ironing the fabric and cutting it into squares. 


I pulled some of the squares out that I had already done. 

Then mom and I started cutting the fabrics. 

The more we cut, the more the stacks grew. 


I then bagged them up and sent them with mom to give to Neva. She does a lot of scrap quilts. I also sent her some strips to work with as well. I got rid of a lot fabric and I'm thrilled. I was happy to see all that fabric go. I still have a lot in boxes with projects, so this was all fabric that I had no plans for. 

After mom left, I decided to do some cross stitching. I wasn't able to do the beading, or if I did then I would be at the table instead of next to Patrick watching TV - even though I listened to the audio book. It's so good I can't put the head phones done! I worked on the mirror stand, and the light color in front of the mirror's stand is the ear of another mouse. It's go so many mice that it's getting fun to work on them all. 

All in all, today was a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...