Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Back To Working On My Hawaiian Quilt

 This morning I went to moms while Patrick went golfing. 

When I arrived mom wanted to know what I wanted to work on. I told it I didn't really care. She told me she pulled out the Hawaiian quilt that we started when dad was in the hospital before he passed. The fabric was fabric that cost over $100 and he bought it for me. We had it already cut out, just not on the backing. 

So we went to the Gathering Place. We put 3 table together so we could lay out the quilt and start pinning it down. 

Then it was pinning time. We had to make sure it was lining up right. The seams were easy to see, so it made it easy to do. We ironed the fabric on the back so that it would lay better. Then it was lunch time. 

Folded the quilt and took it to moms so we could eat and baste it at the table. Moms table was perfect for working on the basting. 

=


Just noticed I took a photo of my phone handle. lol - Anyway, we started basting all the way around. I called Patrick and told him it would be another 2 hours before we would be done. Yeah,  right. That was at 3:30 pm, and at 7:30 pm we finished pinning the areas that wasn't pinned or basted. We folded it up so I could take it home. We have 2/3's of the quilt basted.. I need to baste the last 1/3. 


It's really pretty! I'm loving this quilt! I just need to get it to the point of appliqueing on it. I have a ton of stuff I want to work on, but when this is ready, chances are I will be pulling it out to work on. With all this, it turned out to be a very good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...