Friday, August 21, 2020

Finished Basting

 This morning we were up early because we were expecting company. The window people came to measure the windows for us. Since they were to be here from 9-11 am, I wanted to be sure I was ready for them. Not that it mattered - Patrick took care of it all. 

I went downstairs by 9:30 am. I was playing and basting at the same time. The Hawaiian quilt is now done! I can now get to work on appliqueing it. 

I worked on this for about 3 hours. It's now finished and I'm happy to finally get it done. Since the fabric is from my father, this is going to be my quilt. Told my son, once I'm gone, he can have it. lol - At this rate it will take a couple years to finish anyway, so it may be a while before it's finished. I am planning on doing it though. Who knows, when the weather gets colder, I will probably quilt on the white on white quilt that is ready now. Then I can work on appliqueing on this. Once the Forest quilt gets done, I can take this to quilting and applique on it there. Who knows, I may get working on it sooner then later. 

I then came upstairs and decided to get working on the Dutch Apple Pie that Patrick was asking about. 

It turned out really good. I really liked it. We didn't use the Granny Smith apples, but the transparent ones from the yard. We didn't get many good apples, but I have a bucket that I could pull them from. Patrick helped me out. 

Then I decided I needed to get some beading in. 

I'm now at 143/580 done. I was able to put 2 rows in today. I did get 1 row the last 2 days. I'm hoping to get more done tomorrow. 

The trouble with me is that my brain was running on full load. That being said, I started to work on my genealogy! I was working on the WILTZIUS family this time. I added a few, but not a lot. That was another 3 hours on the computer. 

All in all, I was able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...