Sunday, August 23, 2020

Bowling Alley Is Closing.....Now What?

 This morning I was up early. Didn't feel like sleeping in. I try to get up around 8 anymore because Patrick doesn't like me taking a shower before then. Lucky me. I'd rather be up and moving then wait. 

The day started out pretty good. I picked blueberries and will have a few for breakfast. I have enough out there for a small batch and then it will be done. 

I then went to work on my beading. I wanted to get as much in today as I could. 

I'm now at 153/580 done. I like the way it's coming out. I did have to fix a couple mistakes I made. At least I was able to do that on the row I was working on, since it was the last row I worked on. I had to do a lot of weaving to make sure the beads didn't fall out as I fixed it. I do like the way this is coming out. After doing this all day, my eye were getting tired of the tiny beads. I was able to get 7 rows done today, and that makes me happy. 

After supper, I decided to work on my cross stitching. 

I worked on the outlining a little more. I got 2 strands done and then decided to do some stitching. This way I can go back and forth with the outlining. It's looking pretty good. I then worked on the thread. This was all done late tonight. I wanted to work on it some, so I stayed up for awhile to do it. 

I called Steve Turner to see when we could pick up our bowling balls and stuff from the bowling alley. We got word 2 days ago that they were closing for good. Tim and Steve own it, and Tim isn't well. Steve called me and we chatted. I've know him for 15 years now. He used to come to the office I used to work at. Anyway, because of family issues and grandchildren, he figured it was time to quit. He didn't want to have the bowling alley all to himself since his brother can no longer work. I feel for the family. Now we don't know what we will do. Do we go to Olympia or Longview? Or do we just call it done? Hard to say what we will do. So, we will pick up our stuff tomorrow and I'll wish Steve all the best. 

My day was one where I needed to get lost in my work. As it turned out, I was very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...