Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Birthday Party For Patrick

 This morning I couldn't sleep. I was up at 3:30 am, 4:30 am, 5:45 am, and then at 6:30 am, I got up. I was tired of trying to sleep. I would take 30 mins to go to sleep and another 30 mins of sleep. Not fun! My mind was all over the place. 

So, I got up and beaded. I decided I would bead instead of playing games. 

I was able to get another 4 rows done. I'm now at 249/580 rows done. I'm so excited to get to the second eye and the nose. I keep finding something I'm looking forward to seeing. The squirrel's face is showing now. So cool!

Then I worked on my family history. I got a few newspaper articles for Wiltzius, Wineland and White families. I found that my 2nd great grandfather is a character! He wrote a lot of letters to the paper. Mom and Alice came over. Mom and I were checking out all the newspaper articles on her family. I didn't get to show her the newspapers about her father. He played Polo in Kansas. 

Alice and mom brought a couple pizza's for Patrick's Birthday meal. They also brought him an ice cream cake. We celebrated today, even though his Birthday is tomorrow. He was happy to have family around to celebrate. Made his day. He even had fun chatting with Alice while I kept mom busy. 

Once they left, I worked on my embroidery. 


I finished up the "buds" and started putting calyx under them. I am really close to finishing but I will need to do the fine growth. That will get a few French knots. I don't mind, I'm getting pretty good with them. This is fun. I even have my next project ready to work on when this is done. 

Even with family here, I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...