Sunday, January 31, 2021

Trying To Finish A Few UFO's

 This morning I wanted to sleep all day. I really couldn't get out of bed and slept till 10 am when I heard the beeping of the oven. Patrick made some rolls. I realized I took a couple pills that should have been taken together and it knocked me out. I rarely do that. So, I told Patrick, I won't ever do that again. 

Then I heated up the downstairs. I wanted to get a few things done. First I needed to get to work on the binding for the Christmas quilt I had Bill quilt for me. I got started with that, first by sewing the binding together and then ironing it. I decided not to iron the fabric for Bill yet. Once I got that done, I sewed the binding onto the quilt. That went a lot faster than I thought it would, which made my day. Then I decided to take my half square triangles and sew them up as well. I did 3 different sets. 


Once they were cut, I just needed to iron them. That only went so far. Because I didn't want to spend the rest of the day tearing off the paper, ironing the triangles, and THEN trimming them to size. I did trim about 15 of them, but wasn't interested in continuing. 


I have a good pile to work with. I also have enough of the blue colors. I just need to trim them and start sewing the 9-patch variation together. I have a few blocks already done, just need to get the rest going. 

I called it quits. Then came upstairs to work on the binding. I wanted to stitch the binding down so I can move on to the next project. 


I got started, and was able to get a little more than one side done. I can work on the rest tomorrow. If I decide to go back down and work on the 9-patch variation. I need to get those scraps done and out of here. Trouble is there is more scraps coming in all the time. I really don't know which of the "squirrels" will take me off on a journey. As everyone can tell reading my blog. I tend to go off this way and that. Once in awhile I come back to that project and other times I drop it for months or years. I will keep working on it. It seems to keep me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...