Monday, January 11, 2021

Trying To Be Positive

 Today started out okay. We were waiting for Patrick's doctor to call. In the mean time I decided to try and bead. 

I was able to get 2 rows done before the call came in. 

So, on December 28th when I was with Patrick in Olympia for his CT scan, he ended up in the Urgent Care unit. It was a 7 hour trip that ended up with Patrick having kidney cancer. 

Fast forward to today. He is going to have to go to UW medical. They will have to remove his right kidney and later remove part of the left. So, things went down hill from there. I'm trying to stay positive and praying he will be fine once all this is over. It's a "tetter-totter" (sp) thing. He does not have C4 but he doesn't have C1 either. He's healthy and I pray things will work out. Time will tell. So, I'm having to ask my QOV group to take over for me. Patrick is talking about getting ready. He wants to start downsizing and "getting you settled." I have a hard time with that. But I will do whatever it takes to make him feel better about this. Life goes on. I pray his does too. 

In other words, it wasn't a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Sorry to hear of his diagnosis. Praying for you both!

"Bee" said...


Will be praying for Patrick!!!

Carolyn Thompson

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Thank you both for your kind words. Every little bit helps. (smiling) Thank you so much!

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...