Friday, January 1, 2021

Applique At Moms

I just realized I didn't do my blog last night. We had company yesterday. AND I did get some cross stitching done before they came. 

I was able to get this far yesterday. 

Today I was up a little late but still made it to moms by 9:45. She was getting ready for Nancy and Carmen. We chatted and she told me my sister-in-law has Covid. She also has COPD, so Covid isn't going to help her. My niece (not to bright) went to her parents (my brother's) for Christmas to be with the rest of the family. I guess she also lost a couple friends to Covid. But her and her husband didn't seem to care, because they went to be with my brother and the rest of the family. Now, time will tell who all will have it and if they make it. 

I worked on the Forest Galorest quilt top some more. 

I was able to get 2 leaves on, but when I started on the 3rd one, I had to take it out and try again. I wasn't close enough to the branch to have it tucked underneath. I really didn't get as much as I could have gotten done. We ended up chatting more than working on stuff. 

While I was there, Sharon called. She asked about my quilt I had for Bill to quilt. She's going to fix the back that has a tear in it, and fix a part of the quilt that needed to be sewn on better. I also asked about the batting and backing for my bigger quilt I wanted to have done. I will get that up to him next time. Debbie had another quilt done and she's going up in a couple days. So, she can pick up her quilts when she goes.  She wanted the pattern for the block I did. It's a Christmas quilt and she wanted to make one like it. 

When I got home, I sent her this block. It shows the pattern and she can go from there. It's an easy block to make, but this one is small. I should have made the blocks bigger. At least it uses up scraps, and this a for QOV. I do a few at a time and when I get enough I will sew it all together. 

Came home, and played a few games. Then I decided to watch TV with Patrick. While we were watching the show, I worked on my cross stitching. 

I was able to get a good hour in on this. So, I worked on the scissors and the green fabric. I will work on the rest of it later. Once I get this done, I can do the outlining and then I will go and finish the pins in the cushion. I am close to having this finished. I still have a few more stitches in on the tape measure. Not a lot of work, so I'm okay with how things are going. It makes my day turn into a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...