Thursday, January 7, 2021

First Finish Of The Year!

 Today Patrick was off golfing. I was enjoying a chat with my son and a friend. My day was going fast for just me being home. 

After Patrick left, Sophie did a "first" too! She got in front of the TV and was watching it. That was unusual for her. It wasn't long, but it was a surprised when I looked up and found her there. 

After I finally got the time I needed to sit down, I did. 

I got to work on finishing this up. It needed to be done, and I need (want) to move on. I have others I can do, and will check them out later. Right now, I just needed to finish this. I like it. I had fun working on it. It looks a lot better with the outlining done. It turned out really cute. 

No clue what I will do with it. I will probably wash it and add it to the other pieces that aren't framed. I just had fun working on it. It wasn't the best, but it was fun to do. 

I took a break before I got the last few stitches in by making some date bars. Patrick asked for them yesterday. I didn't want to do it while he was gone, so I made them after supper. 

Tomorrow I'm off to moms. Not sure how many of use will be there. Hoping it's no more then 4 of us. I really don't want to have a group going again. Hildi might show up. Our mother daughter day is becoming another quilt group day. UGH

As you can see, I was checking the news about what happened yesterday in the Capital. I really "hurt" for what happened. This isn't what my ancestors built for us. I'm mad, sad, and hurt by the mess that went on yesterday! I pray we can come together as a country and be the country we are meant to be. Tears come when I think of what the mop did! They need to be in prison. We as a country has let everything go....people get away with way too much!

Okay, the good news today is I finished! Woo Hoo! That is what I want to be - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...