Wednesday, January 20, 2021

A Trip to UW in Seattle

 Today we were up and getting ready for the trip to Seattle. First Debbie came to pick up her 3 quilts I brought back from Sharon's. 

Once she left, we were TRYING to relax and wait till it was time to leave. We left at 11 am. Travel to Seattle was really good. We ended up in traffic jam right at exit 161, when we needed to take 168. It was stop and go off and on. At least we were early anyway. We made it to UW at 1:05 pm with his appointment at 1:45 p.m. When we got in there, we were told they ask that I wait outside while he went in - all because of covid. Patrick told him he wanted "my wife to hear what is said." They guy said, "ok, if they ask then tell them I am here for instruction on care." They didn't ask and were very nice. Patrick's doctor was awesome. She explained everything about the surgery. We came out of there positive. Time will tell - so will the surgery because anything can happen. 

While we waited to go in I was able to work on my embroidery - 



The cast on rose needed the center piece. I used 3 billons to make the center. I just noticed it's not showing very well, so may have to add another one or 2. 

We finally made it home around 7:30 pm. I did my exercises and then sat to watch TV. I'm enjoying this piece, so I'm going to work on it. I want to finish it. I guess it's because it's relaxing and fun to work on.  I was doing the roses when I decided to call it a night. The rose buds were done while waiting in the doctors office. 

Even though things are tense at times, I can still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...