Saturday, January 9, 2021

Time For UFO's To Get Done

 This morning I went to Starbucks and then McDonald's for breakfast. I brought it all back home for Patrick and I. I was really surprised that it wasn't as good as I remembered. Didn't eat it all, but I did eat most of it. 

Then I played a few games. I wasn't in the mood to do much. 

Till I finally got up! I went to get all my beading stuff out to work on the Snowman. I was happy to finally get back to working on it after a couple weeks without. 


To my surprised, I was having so much fun. I ended up doing 7 rows! I haven't done that many rows in a long time. I love the way this is coming along. The antler is coming in view as well as the next bird. It will be fun to see when I get to the eyes of the Snowman. I'm now ready to start row 222/580. Not quiet half way but getting there. 

Then it was time to enjoy watching TV with Patrick. Actually I wanted to watch the last quarter of the Seahawks game. They haven't done very well all year, so it didn't surprise either of us that they lost. I was really disappointed with Russell Wilson this year. He didn't play like he was "in the game" much. 

So, I decided to pull out my quilt that I've been quilting for over 25 years. I started it way back when, and haven't finished it yet. I think I posted a photo a while ago. But when I went looking for one, I couldn't find it. I will take a photo tomorrow before I work on it, so I have something so show. One would think after 11 years of blogging, it would be on here. lol 


I took out the quilting I started to put in the pink and flowered area. I couldn't see the design to quilt it, so I decided to take it out. I'm doing more straight lines on this part. On the outer border I will do a leaf design with a big flower in the four corners. At least that is what I'm thinking right now. This poor quilt has a few stains on it. I'll have to really clean it up when it's done. I still don't know what I'm going to bind it with, since I don't have those fabrics anymore. I will have to figure something out. May try for a solid green that matches the one in the quilt. Hard to say. I seriously need to have bindings made for each top, just so I know I have it when the time comes it gets quilted. 

It turned out to be a good day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...