Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A Day To Relax - And A Finish

 Today we were up early. I had a dental appointment and was getting ready to leave when I received a phone call from the dentist office. They told me they needed to reschedule me because someone in the office was exposed to Covid. They have to shut down for 10 days. I said that was fine (and I was actually glad). We rescheduled for March because I needed to keep the next couple weeks open for when Patrick goes in for surgery. 

Since I didn't have to go to the dentist, I decided to do some beading and listen to my book. 

I was able to get another 7 rows done. I was having a ton of fun. Now I'm starting on the noise and that is keeping me going. I just love seeing the "next" step showing up. It's like cross stitching, each additional stitch makes me want to keep going. 

After that, I decided to stop and watch TV. While waiting TV, I was able to get my embroidery done. 


I was able to finish my Ivo's Bouquet. The French knots were "supposed" to be a dark rose color with white. I thought that would be too much rose, so Patrick suggested yellow. I thought that was a good idea and went ahead with it. I do like the way it came out. 

Today was just a day of waiting, which we have been doing for the last week. Chances are he will get another call in the next day or two. I'm getting nervous about all this. I tend to get a little teary when we talk about the surgery. I guess that makes it more "real." Praying he gets on the study and the surgery is soon. At least today there were not calls, and I was able to relax and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...