Saturday, January 30, 2021

A Little Of This And That

 This morning I was up earlier than I have been getting up. Not to worry. I played a few games and listened to the end of my book. 

Then when Patrick was up and ready to go, we headed over to Safeway. Before we left, I needed to get the bread ready to raise.

 Once that was done we left. We did a little grocery shopping, and I was surprised at how much we spent. Didn't have enough coupons today! Oh, well. Got back home and put everything away. 

Then it was time to get the laundry started - and I do mean started. I headed downstairs to work on my quilt that Bill quilted for me. I wanted to get it trimmed so I can put the binding on it.

I cut the strips for binding. I need to sew them and then iron it to sew around it. I wanted to try out my sewing machine that I got from my sister-in-law's Aunt. I realized I didn't have any feet, oil, or any of the screws etc. I also noticed there wasn't a control foot. So, I ended up going on line to buy a control foot. That cost me $60! I also bought oil and a 1/4" foot for the machine. It's a Juki. I will have to order more stuff to go with it when I get to that point. I will need to clean it up first. So, I put it away till the control foot and stuff come in. 

Next, I folded what laundry I did. I also cut the batting and backing for 2 tops. I put the backing in the wash. That took up 2 loads right there. They are ready to be ironed and put with the tops to go to Bills.

I found another UFO. Actually it was started by my grandmother many years ago. So, I decided to work on it. I had it in the case that my mother-in-law gave me to carry my projects in. 

I decided it's time to work on that. So, I brought it upstairs. 

THEN I came back upstairs to work on my TAST projects, since I missed 2 weeks. 

Once this was done, I pulled out the embroidery table cloth to work on. I realized the stem stitches where not done as the pattern states to do them. I don't mind and will continue the way it's already started. Chances are, I did that over 20 years ago. I must not of read it right at the time. 


I went to work on the top flower. I don't want knots so I'm working it in. Hopefully my statin stitches are getting better. 


My sourdough Basil and Coriander bread turned out awesome! Went great with the crab legs we picked up today. - My night out! So to speak. 

Yep, it was a "squirrel" day for me. One thing to another. I will try to go down tomorrow and get the binding on the quilt. I will also have to iron the backing. I am getting to the point of getting a few UFO's out of hiding and trying to get them done. If I do, that would make me very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 


No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...