Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A Quiet Day...A Good Day

 This morning I slept longer than normal. This time change has messed me up pretty bad! I stay up later, and I sleep in longer. UGH

I got laundry going today. I wanted to get the basket down from Sunday. I then played a few games for awhile. Patrick left to meet a friend for lunch. While he was gone, I just putted around. 

I did get some more letters done today for BDEIG. I have too much going on! I did get a donation yesterday. That always makes me feel like I did something right. I've gotten 7 letter back, but I sent out close to a hundred. I emailed 2 more today. I really don't like the email part, but at least I get some responses back at times. 

After lunch, I sat down to work on the box. I really should do the Snowman since I'm really close to being over half way. I really do need to finish that. 

I got quite a bit done. I was where the eye is. Now I'm getting to the point of getting the fins going on the fish head. I have a couple more rows then will start working in for the fins. I actually like the colors I picked. At first I thought I was crazy but then I look at it now and really like the colors. The body of the fish is shinny and does look like scales. 

I was trying to order some shampoo - Redkin - because I really like the feel of it. Would you believe I found it to be priced at $38 per bottle?!? I had to check around for the shampoo and conditioner.....and was lucky to find it at $48 for both at Walmart. Anywhere else and it was at least $33 per bottle. I ordered it!! Amazon didn't have what I ordered before, so I had to get creative to find it. 

OH!! I used to want to buy a Circut machine. Patrick showed me yesterday that they are now wanting to charge for subscription fees. So, if you bought the machine and get patterns on line - it will now cost you. They are going to allow only 20 patterns before one has to buy the $10 monthly fee or $200 yearly fee. I was so glad I didn't buy that cutter! I am so tired of being charged monthly fees for everything. Ancestry charges fees as well. I always wait for sales. I refuse to pay monthly fees. If everything gets to that point, I will go back to being without electronics. It's like the Word documents. When I bought this new computer - I bought the Word document so I wouldn't be charged for monthly fees. The program I bought is good enough for what I do. I wouldn't use it enough to pay $10 a month for it. It was just easier to pay $120 for the program. UGH

It turned out to be a quiet day. AND that's always a Good Day! I'm planning on working on some embroidery tonight. I may work on the table cloth. Haven't decided yet. It depends on how the evening goes. Not sure what's on TV. If I don't like what Patrick watches then I will just go bead. It will be interesting to see what I actually do. That's what makes life exciting and keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Day In Olympia

 This morning, we were up early. We wanted to relax before heading up to Olympia for our doctor appointments.  We were there by 10 am to get...