Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Day In Olympia - Beading

 This morning Patrick woke me early. He wasn't sleeping very well last night. I got up and got ready to head to Olympia. 

I took my beading with me to work on. I spend the day with Sharon. We worked on a box that she was making from the "Little Beaded Boxes" by Julia Pretl. She was having trouble and it was getting hard to explain what she was doing over the phone. Even when she sends a photo. So, I got her to the point of the hem. It was a busy day of me working on one of her boxes and her doing the other. She would work on one, didn't like it, and started another. She got to the point where she was making mistakes, so she started another one. I took out the mistake and worked on one. Then I took out the mistake of hers and she worked on that one. I was able to get to the hem part before I had to leave. 

This is the one I worked on. I had to go all the way back to this point. It's a short stocky box. I told her she needed to work on a bigger box before tackling this one. What a box to learn on! I'm glad I did the one I did, because I understand how it works. This is so small one doesn't get to work enough rows to understand what one is doing. No wonder she was confused. 

We didn't get to the top. I told her it's like the hem we were doing, just upside down. 

Came home around 4:30 pm. It was a long day, so I didn't bother to work on something else. I called it a day at that point. I wish I had gotten something of mine done, but it wasn't meant to be. At least I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...