Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Shopping Day

 Today we went up to Costco for shopping. I was looking at the computers they had. We had the list of what to look for from my son. I found 2 I liked. One was a brand I didn't know. The other was an HP that was cheaper. It had a little more than what was on the list. So, we decided to get it. This computer seems to be working okay right now. But it is time for another computer. We got up to the counter and gave the paper for the computer. They went to get it, and came back saying the only one left is the one on display. Asked if we wanted it, and Patrick said, "Not at that price." So, they Voided my purchase. I then went on the phone to see if I could find another one like it. HP had a different one that had as much, but was $200 more. So, I went on Costco's site and ordered the one I saw today. It will be here on Friday. I also bought the Microsoft Word package (just home and student version). That will help too. 

We got home and unloaded. I brought all the heavy stuff in the house. I didn't want Patrick to worry about the lifting. Guess my ab workouts help because it wasn't so hard to lift them as it used to be. I'm at 3 months of exercises for my abs. Not showing right now, but I think it's "caving" in! lol 

When all that was over, I worked on the computer. I wanted to work on some family history. I added more on WikiTree. There are a few mistakes on that site, but will question the mistakes as I go. I wanted to add some sources to it, so I scanned a few things to add. I also scanned a few things into my Family Tree. 

I found a "drawing" that mom did of a bunch of roses. I want to shrink it down and do it with embroidery. I may get mom to draw a few more patterns for me. Then I can actually teach a class. If I do, I can get my Seminar free or close to it. lol Since I'm not stitching - I can at least think or dream about something I could do!

It's amazing how much time genealogy takes. I did clean up my pile in the computer room. I found a couple books I need to read, like the Taylor book. It has Zachery Taylor's brother and all the other Taylor's. Maybe if I really look at it, I might find out if our Taylor is in there. Hard to say. 

Today wasn't a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting. 

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...